How to take care of dry skin in winter time
- Add moisture to the air with humidifiers or a pan of water set atop the radiator.
- In the shower or bath, use water that’s lukewarm instead of hot. Hot water can further dry the skin by stripping it of natural oils.
- Choose nondrying soaps that contain no abrasive or irritants. Super-fatted soap or cleansing bars are less drying than regular, liquid, or antibacterial soaps.
- Instead of rubbing, pat your skin dry after you bathe.
- Apply moisturizer immediately to retain the water your skin absorbed while bathing.
- Wear soft fabrics that won’t scratch or irritate the skin.
You may also like...