Springtime is a time to enjoy new growth after a long winter – flowers blooming, tender leaves sprouting in the trees.
Unfortunately for some, Spring can also bring on miserable allergy symptoms. Allergies are a reaction of the immune system. The body is attempting to protect you from something on the outside that may be aggravating your system. With allergies, the reaction of the immune system is excessive, in comparison to the actual threat to your body. This is a sign that your immune system is out of balance. The main goal of Chinese medicine is to balance the body’s systems, so that they are working in harmony for optimal health. The aspects that are in excess, Chinese medicine can lower them. The aspects that are deficient, Chinese medicine can increase them. When balance is achieved, the end result is vibrant health.
There 3 major categories for Springtime allergies – Skin, Nose/Sinus, and Respiratory. (It is very common for someone to have all 3 types. A combination of all 3 is known medically as the ‘ectopic triad’):
- Skin – Eczema and Dermatitis may be present all year, but often get worse in Springtime. In Chinese medicine, both are treated the same way. Chinese medicine can balance the immune system, and decrease itching and inflammation of the skin. It can also detoxify the body to get rid of the problem at the root, as well as increasing blood circulation to the skin so the skin will be moist and hydrated.
- Nose/Sinus – Nasal allergies are what most people think of when it comes to spring allergies. It can be a reaction to dust, mold, pollen, animal dander, foods, and many other allergens. Chinese herbs can support the energy of the lungs. When Lung energy is deficient, the body’s energy tends to sink down. This may also result in loose stools or diarrhea, and fatigue.
- Respiratory – Asthma is the manifestation of an allergic reaction of the respiratory system. Chinese medicine can detoxify and clear the lungs. It also supports the immune system, to help the body fight off any infection or congestion in the lungs, making breathing easier.
Chinese herbal medicine works very effectively to support the immune system and the body’s life force energy (Qi), to decrease or eliminate allergic symptoms.
- Skin – Merry Clinic’s Skin Detox formula is used for the prevention of eczema and dermatitis symptoms. If you already have the symptoms, EcDermaid herbal capsules are used to eliminate the itchy, red rash.
- Nose/Sinus – Qi Vive is a traditional Chinese herbal formula that supports the immune and upper respiratory systems to alleviate hay fever and nasal/sinus allergies.
- Asthma – Ke Chuan Pian is another traditional Chinese herbal formula, which detoxifies and clears the lungs, while balancing the immune system so that it is less reactive to allergens.
With the appropriate Chinese herbal formula, it’s possible to enjoy the wonders of spring without the misery of allergies.
The post Happy Spring – Flowers, Sunshine….. and Allergies! appeared first on Merry Clinic.